- Regular consumption of limited foods
- Antibiotics - recent or prolonged use
- Environmental pollution
- Dysbiosis - a deficiency of beneficial bacteria in the GI tract
- Early introduction to foods - that is, before the GI tract is fully developed
- Impaired digestion
- Genetic predisposition - runs in families
- Hypochlorhydria and/or pancreatic insufficiency -that is, low stomach acid and digestive enzymes
- Leaky gut - damaged cells in the gut lining that allows undigested food particles straight into your blood stream (Yikes!) instead of your cells
Identifying and eliminating food intolerances can help reduce generalized inflammation. Reducing inflammation is a key component to reducing cardiovascular health risks including obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes/insulin resistance and other aspects of metabolic syndrome in general.
Dr. Mead offers Food Allergy and Food Intolerance/Sensitivity blood testing. Contact us today to have your food sensitivities/intolerances tested identified so you may continue your journey to optimal health and vitality!
Here's to your health,