First Line Therapy is a therapeutic lifestyle program which gives you the tools to make choices everyday that prevent disease and promote wellness. It is based on extensive research indicating that lifestyle changes are the most effective in treating various chronic diseases. It addresses health concerns including cardiovascular disease, asthma, obesity, metabolic syndrome, hypertension, high cholesterol, high or low blood sugar; gastrointestinal, hormonal, mood, mental and musculoskeletal issues. It is a broad-based approach tailored to each individual’s unique health status.
First line therapy is not your average weight loss program. Yes, excess weight is a major contributor to health risks but it is important to make the distinction between the type of weight gained and lost. First Line Therapy takes your whole body composition into consideration ie. your lean muscle mass to fat mass ratio. Many weight loss programs have been shown to result in a considerable loss of lean muscle mass and loss of fat mass to a lesser degree or even a gain in fat mass! Losing lean muscle causes depletion in the body’s protein reserve and can lead to decreased immunity and advanced aging. Losing fat mass can decrease cardiovascular health risks, blood sugar and insulin levels, blood pressure, cholesterol and LDL’s (“bad” cholesterol) while increasing HDL (“good” cholesterol) and improving symptoms of arthritis and sleep apnea.
This program includes comprehensive initial clinical tests and follow-up tests which may include the following:
- Physical Exams
- Laboratory Blood tests – Cholesterol levels, LDL, HDL, Glucose, Insulin, Hgb A1c
- Bioimpedance Analysis – Assesses lean body mass, fat mass, cellular integrity and basal metabolic rate
Initial consultation to review test results, health history, health profile and goals. You will receive the following:
- Your personal First Line Therapy Guidebook
- Meal plan – We’ll determine the most appropriate caloric intake for you considering your Basal Metabolic Rate, activity level and weight/health goals
- Exercise Plan – We’ll develop an aerobic and strength training program to help you reach healthy cardiovascular and musculoskeletal fitness levels, building lean mass and deceasing excess fat mass
- Supplement recommendations - Various supplements can improve your blood sugar control, digestion, inflammation, detoxification, lipid profile, hormone balance and stress response
- Stress management techniques – Reducing stress can improve eating habits, hormone levels, sleep and general well being. We’ll discuss and choose from techniques ranging from deep breathing and guided imagery to meditation and massage therapy.
- Weekly consultations for lifestyle counseling
Book your free 15-minute consult today.
Here's to your health,