- This is the time cells repair/regenerate and the immune system is most active.
- Newborns and young children - 12-14 hrs; Adolescents: 10-12 hours; Adults: 6-9 hours
- Stress hormones inhibit immune cell function so be sure to regularly take breaks, pray, meditate, go outside, breath deeply and do things you enjoy!
- Great for the respiratory and circulatory system;
- Helps relieve stress
- Increases lean muscle mass which serves as a reservoir for antibody production to fight infections
- Drink plenty - 60-100 oz daily until urine is clear
- Dehydration causes cracks in mucus membranes where viruses and bacteria can enter the body and cause infection
- Balanced diet of complex carbs, healthy fats, lean protein can be therapeutic as it includes vitamins, minerals and immune boosters
- Examples: whole fruits, berries, greens and vegetables, whole grains, lean poultry, grass fed beef, wild meats, fish (especially cold water fish high in omega 3's), legumes, eggs, onions, garlic, mushrooms (especially shitake and reishi varieties that stimulate the immune cells), probiotic dairy (eg kefir, plain probiotic dairy which balances beneficial bacteria in the body and reduces vulnerability to infection)
- AVOID: sugar - inhibits immune function for 2 or more hours; processed foods, alcohol and hydrogenated oils which damage cells
If you or someone close to you is sick:
- Cover mouth when yawning, sneezing or coughing
- Don't share dishes, towels etc with others
- Use a alcohol-based hand sanitizer or plain soap and hot water to wash hands; Avoid antimicrobial soaps as they contribute to antibiotic resistance and development of Superbugs that are difficult to treat
- Throw used tissues away immediately
- Disinfect work surfaces: keyboards, phones, remote controls, computer mice, toys etc
- STAY AT HOME, please!
- Eat chicken soup - packed with nutrients you need to fight infections and it's easy to digest
- Offers protection against several of the active flu virus strains of the season but does not cover all strains and does not kick in for two weeks; may also cause mild-moderate flu symptoms after administration
Alternatives and Supplements to Antivirals and Antibiotics:
- Homeopathic Influenzinum 30 C or 9C potency: take 5 pellets under the tongue, one time/week for four weeks and then a repeat dose 3 weeks later. This is an oral diluted preparation of the season's active flu strains
- Antioxidants: ACES+Zn
- Vitamin D
- Herbs: Elderberry and Elderberry syrup - great antiviral and the syrup is great for kids!
- Wish Garden herbs: Kick Ass Immune or Herb Pharm Echinacea Goldenseal Compound
- Intravenous Vitamin and Mineral infusion - Great at onset of symptoms for very fast relief and prevention of infection progress!
Use the pass phrase "drmead" to open an account.
Here's to your health,